At first, I thought money was the issue that stops professionals from having a headshot.
Never has been.
So what is it then?
95% of the time, it boils down to not wanting to see themselves as they think they look.
When I took the photo, you see below, it made me feel uncomfortable.
Saggy. Wrinkled. Blotches. Tired. Yaddy, Yaddy, Yadda!
I love having my picture taken.
I was still apprehensive about showing the unedited me.
What the heck, I posted it here anyway.
The 3 versions of the same photo show how adjustments can be subtle or extreme.
- Adjustments to exposure and saturation.
- Portrait adjustments including skin and wrinkle smoothing, darken eyes, whiten teeth, remove some spots.
- Photoshopping gone wild.
Personally, I will always go with #2 for me.
It makes me feel good without changing my personality.
One gentleman asked me to make him look like Brad Pitt.
I told him that face is already taken.
He was delighted when we finished with just the right amount of editing.
My 3 suggestions for dousing the fear of a headshot.
- Hire a professional whose work you like.
- Collaborate with that photographer to develop the image you have of yourself and want others to see.
- Get it done and out of the way so you can stop thinking about it.
Douse those fears and get a headshot representing who you are to prospects, clients, employers and yourself.
Enjoy your headshot experience.
headshot #headshots #personalbranding #virtualphotography